Search the Blog
Most Popular Posts
- Convey Fragile Materials
- Benefits of a Flexible Screw Conveyor: Construction, Capabilities & Performance
- What is Bulk Material Handling?
- ‘Spiroflow’ Big Bag Discharger – a gem of a job!
- How Do Cable Drag & Chain Drag Conveyors Compare
- Mechanical Conveyor Choices: Everything to Consider
- How Much Does a Bulk Bag Filler Cost?
- Spiroflow Automation Solutions Opens New Office
- How Much Does a Flexible Screw Conveyor Cost?
- Problems with Flexible Screw Conveyors: Finding the Best Setup
April 2, 2014
The most common problem with unloading bulk bags is dusting. Frequently, bulk bag unloader operations are a dusty mess. At best, this results in a housekeeping problem. Product loss and quality control issues can arise and the worst case is a safety issue when dealing with ingredients that pose a health or explosion risk. FINANCIAL IMPACT OF BULK BAG DUSTING Ingredient Yield: Every particle of ingredient that escapes the bulk bag unloading process and ends up on the floor reduces ingredient yield and increases cost. Thinking of dusting at the particle level implies little financial impact. The following example identifies [...]