CABLEFLOW® cable or DYNAFLOW® chain driven tubular drag conveyor for dry bulk solids and ingredients across all industries
What are they?
Tubular Drag Conveyors (TDCs) are mechanically driven conveyors that ‘drag’ material along the inside of a tube. They are designed to transfer finely and not so finely divided, flowable bulk materials from in-feed points to discharge points through a totally enclosed conduit. TDCs are positive displacement devices using close-running discs connected by a cable or metal links. They have been used successfully throughout a range of industries for over fifty years.
How do they work?
A cable or chain with discs spaced along its length and its ends connected to each other to form an endless loop is pulled by a motor driven sprocket within an enclosed tube. Changes in direction are facilitated by bends in the tubing or by corner housings for tighter radii. Discharge of the product is through ‘outlet boxes’. Cable or chain and casing are routed back to the in-feed point in an endless loop.
By nature, the tubular conveyor absorbs all the reactions to its own conveying forces internally. The forces are transferred by compression of the flanged casing sections in the Dynaflow® Chain Drag Conveyor and by compression couplings in the Cableflow® Cable Drag Conveyor. As a result, the only external supports required are those necessary to support the weight of the conveyor and load of product being conveyed. If desired, Spiroflow engineers can recommend support locations. Installation supervision is also available on a fee basis.
Materials of Construction
Generally, the construction materials of a tubular conveyor are determined by the product to be handled. Materials that are corrosive or contaminable would normally dictate stainless steel construction on metallic material contact surfaces. In applications where there is no concern over corrosion or contamination, carbon steel construction is a far more economical alternative. The most common materials of construction, in order of increasing costs, are carbon steel, #304 stainless steel and #316 stainless steel. External components not in contact with the product would be carbon steel unless specifically requested as some other materials. Construction from other materials quoted upon request.
- Totally enclosed, dust-free, contamination-free handling
- Only mechanical conveyor that can operate in 3 planes, this permits complex circuits eliminating transfer points and using only a single drive
- Minimum horsepower and energy consumption
- Can be Meter or Flood Fed
- Handles hot, cold, wet, dry, hygroscopic or temperature sensitive materials
- May be fed at multiple points in a circuit
- Minimum noise level
- May discharge at multiple points in circuit (no air locks)
- No need for filters or cyclone to separate air and material as discharge gravity takes care of this for FREE
- Gentle conveying action - minimized product degradation
- Will not separate blends
- Round construction minimizes residual accumulation and build up.
- May operate under pressure differential or inert purge
These conveyors are also known as:
Drag link conveyors
Chain drag conveyors
Cable drag conveyors
Tubular drag conveyors
Tubular cable drag conveyors
Tubular chain drag conveyors
Cableflow® Tubular cable drag conveyors
Dynaflow® Tubular chain drag conveyors
Bulk coffee conveyors
Coffee bean conveyors